CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Quotes and Quips

To learn about "The Main Thing", go to www.ratondisciples.com/sermons.dsp and scroll down to the third sermin. This is a sermon by one of my Pastor/Mentor friends, Cleve Bishop. It's very GOoD



"Prayer is .....a mine which is never exhausted....it is a root, the fountain, the mother of a thousand blessings. Chrysostom It is also a pleasing aroma to our GOD.

*One of the saddest things to hear is a Christian saying he or she doesn't know whether or not they will go to heaven.*


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will straighten your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6


God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change; the courage to change the person I can; and the wisdom to know it's me!


Called Magazine's issue today reads: "Our Greatest Ministerial Tool! Our attitude is our greatest ministerial tool. It has the power to win people to Christ, or turn them away. For example- Once when the missionary E.S.Jones met with Mahatma Gandhi he asked him, "Mr Gandhi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why do you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?" Gandhi replied, "Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." As a result, Gandhi became one of the greatest Hindu leaders of all time. If some Christians had a different attitude, maybe he could have been a mighty force for the Kingdom of God. So let's not point fingers. Instead let's ask ourselves, "What's my attitude?" (check out calledmagazine.com) daily.





Books, Music, and More

  • Everything by Beth Moore
  • Travis Cottrell's songs are a new blessing for me.
  • Jan Karon's characters are so life-like and draws tears of laughter and sorrow in her wonderful stories of faith.
  • Francine Rivers is wonderful too at weaving Bible characters into contexts of history.
  • Karen Kingsbury brings God's Presence, Steadfastness, and immeasurable Grace into everything she writes.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Waiting.....

This morning, I'm on the 46th day of my study in Beth Moore's DAVID: 90 Days with a Heart Like His.  Today's lesson she titled, "Reasons to Wait" and addresses 2Samuel 7:1-16.  You know the story: David looks around and sees how successful that God has made him and wants to build God a grand house in return.  But, God has that planned for David's son, Solomon. 
     Ms. Moore's first question for thought is "Why do you think God has built the act of waiting into the human experience?"  My initial response is that God Himself is waiting for the people and circumstances to come together at the same time for the best (the good) of all who trust Him (and potentially, for all of those who don't).  I also believe that the act of waiting in itself, although frustrating at times, helps to grow us in ways we wouldn't have otherwise. 
     My ready answers are what my "head" knows and what I believe in my heart too.  My heart, however, can believe more than one thing at a time sometimes.  While trusting God, I'm also believing I should be working/doing on my great idea too.  David's idea was a great one!  Imagine then being told that your child will do it instead.  There's some pride in that of course, but simply letting go of the idea?  That's hard to do!  I don't know about you, but I like to have some say so about things, some control, some input.  Entrusting things to God, Yes.  Entrusting my idea to someone else?  Ick! 
     Ms. Moore writes: "God can entrust a vision or an idea to us that may be ours to pray about and prepare for but never to participate in directly."  That helps.  Praying is good.  I can do that.  Jesus says in John 14:13 "And whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."  Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
There ya go.... I can do that!  We can each do that.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment