CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Quotes and Quips

To learn about "The Main Thing", go to www.ratondisciples.com/sermons.dsp and scroll down to the third sermin. This is a sermon by one of my Pastor/Mentor friends, Cleve Bishop. It's very GOoD



"Prayer is .....a mine which is never exhausted....it is a root, the fountain, the mother of a thousand blessings. Chrysostom It is also a pleasing aroma to our GOD.

*One of the saddest things to hear is a Christian saying he or she doesn't know whether or not they will go to heaven.*


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will straighten your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6


God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change; the courage to change the person I can; and the wisdom to know it's me!


Called Magazine's issue today reads: "Our Greatest Ministerial Tool! Our attitude is our greatest ministerial tool. It has the power to win people to Christ, or turn them away. For example- Once when the missionary E.S.Jones met with Mahatma Gandhi he asked him, "Mr Gandhi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why do you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?" Gandhi replied, "Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." As a result, Gandhi became one of the greatest Hindu leaders of all time. If some Christians had a different attitude, maybe he could have been a mighty force for the Kingdom of God. So let's not point fingers. Instead let's ask ourselves, "What's my attitude?" (check out calledmagazine.com) daily.





Books, Music, and More

  • Everything by Beth Moore
  • Travis Cottrell's songs are a new blessing for me.
  • Jan Karon's characters are so life-like and draws tears of laughter and sorrow in her wonderful stories of faith.
  • Francine Rivers is wonderful too at weaving Bible characters into contexts of history.
  • Karen Kingsbury brings God's Presence, Steadfastness, and immeasurable Grace into everything she writes.

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Just a note....

Just a note to let you know that I'm here, just haven't taken the time to blog.  Also am having a little trouble understanding blogging.  I just erased all the comments without meaning to.  Guess I'll get it eventually.  I love all of your blogs!  Keep up the good work!  I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment